Bronx Landmarks-Morris Avenue

Morris Avenue

A series of two-family row houses and tenements designed by John Hauser were built in five building campaigns between 1906 and 1910. Most have three-story, curved bow façades that tie them together, while varying shades and patterns of brickwork as well as different wrought-iron areaway railings lend interesting diversity. Designated July 15, 1986.

Title: East Side of Morris Avenue Looking toward East 179th Street 1

Borough: The Bronx

Historic District: Morris Avenue

Keywords: residential, brick, stone trim, cornice, stoop

Description: Streetscape of 3-story row houses

Image #2044

Designation Report

Return to Bronx Landmarks

 

To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail hdc@hdc.org or call (212) 614-9107.

About Us

The Historic Districts Council (HDC) is the advocate for all of New York City's historic neighborhoods. HDC is the only organization in New York that works directly with people who care about our city's historic neighborhoods and buildings. We represent a constituency of over 500 local community organizations.

Contact Us

Historic Districts Council
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 614-9107
Fax: (212) 614-9127
E-mail: hdc@hdc.org

Donate Now

Become a Friend of HDC! Your donation helps preserve, improve, and celebrate the places that make New York great.

Join Our Mailing List

Receive updates on programs, events, action alerts, and our Landmarks Preservation Commission testimony.