Carnegie Library:Morrisania Branch-Photos

Carnegie Library:Morrisania Branch-Photos

610 East 169th Street

Bronx, New York 10456

Year built: 1907-1908

Architect(s): Babb, Cook & Willard

Builder(s): Richard Deeves & Sons

Designation: New York City Individual Landmark, designated 1996

Originally called the “McKinley Square Branch Library”[1] after the nearby public square, the Morrisania Library has continuously served the Morrisania community since its opening over a century ago. Built between 1907 and 1908, it is the fourth branch library to be constructed in the Bronx and the twenty-eighth of the Carnegie-branch libraries to be erected in New York City.

•To read more about the Morrisania Branch click here

•To read the full list of each Carnegie Library in the Bronx click here 

About Us

The Historic Districts Council (HDC) is the advocate for all of New York City's historic neighborhoods. HDC is the only organization in New York that works directly with people who care about our city's historic neighborhoods and buildings. We represent a constituency of over 500 local community organizations.

Contact Us

Historic Districts Council
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 614-9107
Fax: (212) 614-9127
E-mail: hdc@hdc.org

Donate Now

Become a Friend of HDC! Your donation helps preserve, improve, and celebrate the places that make New York great.

Join Our Mailing List

Receive updates on programs, events, action alerts, and our Landmarks Preservation Commission testimony.