Brooklyn Landmark-Prospect Lefferts Gardens
This district gets its name from the adjacent Prospect Park, the former Lefferts farm on which it stands and the nearby Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Two- and three-story row houses, some of them with distinctive limestone facades, and freestanding homes in Romanesque, Colonial and Tudor Revival styles were built here from 1895 to 1925. Lefferts Manor was formed in 1893 with a restrictive covenant limiting construction to single-family homes. The covenant is still upheld today by the Lefferts Manor Association. Designated October 9, 1979.
Title: Looking East on the South Side of Rutland Road between Bedford Avenue and Flatbush Avenue 4
Historic District: Prospect Lefferts Gardens
Keywords: row house, residential, brick, stoop, cornice
Description: Streetscape of row houses on Rutland Street
Back To Brooklyn- Landmarks
To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail email@example.com or call (212) 614-9107.