Manhattan Landmarks- Charlton-King-Vandam

Charlton-King-Vandam

John Jacob Astor developed this area with Federal style town houses in the 1820’s on the site of the historic Richmond Hill mansion. Later buildings are in the Greek Revival, Roman Revival and Anglo-Italianate styles. Designated August 16, 1966.

Title: Northside King Street between 6th Avenue and Varick 2

Borough: Manhattan

Historic District: Charlton-King-Vandam

Keywords: residential, brick, window, door, ornament, stone

Description: View of buildings on north side of King Street

Image #6

Designation Report

Back to Manhattan Landmarks

 

 

To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail hdc@hdc.org or call (212) 614-9107.

About Us

The Historic Districts Council (HDC) is the advocate for all of New York City's historic neighborhoods. HDC is the only organization in New York that works directly with people who care about our city's historic neighborhoods and buildings. We represent a constituency of over 500 local community organizations.

Contact Us

Historic Districts Council
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 614-9107
Fax: (212) 614-9127
E-mail: hdc@hdc.org

Donate Now

Become a Friend of HDC! Your donation helps preserve, improve, and celebrate the places that make New York great.

Join Our Mailing List

Receive updates on programs, events, action alerts, and our Landmarks Preservation Commission testimony.