Manhattan Landmarks-Gramercy Park
Gramercy Park Historic District/ Gramercy Park Extension
Gramercy Park, planned in 1831 and planted in 1884, is the only private park in the city. Elegant private residences in Greek Revival, Gothic Revival and Anglo-Italianate styles grew up around it. Some of the homes were converted into club buildings in the 19th century including the National Arts Club and the Players Club. Designated September 20, 1966 and extended. July 12, 1988.
Title: 36 Gramercy Park East 1
Historic District: Gramercy
Keywords: door, ornament, residential
Description: Door detail of residence at 36 Gramercy Park East
Extension Designation Report
Back to Manhattan Landmarks
To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 614-9107.