Manhattan Landmarks-Hamilton Heights/ and Extension

Hamilton Heights Historic District/ and Extension

The Hamilton Heights historic district was mainly developed from the late 1890s  to 1906. The district contains three-story brick houses built in 1895, several lines of rowhouses, as well as three churches, the earliest being St. Luke’s Episcopal Church built in 1892-95, and several schools.  Designated November 26, 1974 and extended

“The Hamilton Heights Historic District Extension consists of 51 buildings, including 31
row houses, 17 apartment buildings, and 3 related (and contiguous) ecclesiastical structures.”1 Designated March 28, 2000

1-Excerpt from the LPC Hamilton Heights Extension  Designation Report

Hamilton Heights and Ext2

Title: Hamilton Heights and Ext2

Borough: Manhattan

Historic District:  Hamilton Heights/ Hamilton Heights Extension

Keywords: rowhouse, brick, half-timber

Description: rowhouses

Designation Report

 

 Back to Manhattan Landmarks

 

To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail hdc@hdc.org or call (212) 614-9107.

About Us

The Historic Districts Council (HDC) is the advocate for all of New York City's historic neighborhoods. HDC is the only organization in New York that works directly with people who care about our city's historic neighborhoods and buildings. We represent a constituency of over 500 local community organizations.

Contact Us

Historic Districts Council
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 614-9107
Fax: (212) 614-9127
E-mail: hdc@hdc.org

Donate Now

Become a Friend of HDC! Your donation helps preserve, improve, and celebrate the places that make New York great.

Join Our Mailing List

Receive updates on programs, events, action alerts, and our Landmarks Preservation Commission testimony.