Manhattan Landmarks-NoHo East
The district’s forty-two buildings including row houses, apartment houses, warehouses, factories and offices represent the various shifts in the neighborhood over a century. Federal brick row houses survive from the first period of development in the early 19th century. As immigration increased the neighborhood’s population later in the century, speculative multiple-family dwellings in Italianate and Neo-Grec styles were constructed. By the 1880’s, larger store-and-loft buildings and factories in Renaissance and Romanesque Revivals were constructed as the area took on a more commercial and industrial character. More residential development in the Colonial and Classical Revival styles went up at the turn of the century. Designated June 24, 2003.
Title: North Side of Bleecker Street between Bowery and Mott Street 1
Historic District: NoHo East
Keywords: mixed use, brick
Description: Three- and four-story mixed-use buildings on the north side of Bleecker Street
Back to Manhattan Landmarks
To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail email@example.com or call (212) 614-9107.