Manhattan Landmarks- St. Mark’s Historic District and Extension
St. Mark’s Historic District and Extension
The St. Mark’s historic district, once part of Governor Peter Stuyvesant’s 17th-century farm, was subdivided and partly developed by his great-grandson. St. Mark’s-Church-in-the-Bowery, begun in 1795, is the oldest site of worship in Manhattan. The home of Nicholas William Stuyvesant also dates to 1795. The Stuyvesant-Fish House, constructed in 1803-1804, is one of the city’s grandest Federal residences. Renwick Triangle, a collection brownstone-trimmed, brick Anglo-Italianate buildings from 1861 are attributed to James Renwick, Jr. Designated January 14, 1969 and extended June 19, 1984.
Title: East 10th Street Looking East 2
Historic District: St. Mark’s and extension
Keywords: residential, row house, stoop, brick, stone, door, railing (iron)
Description: Facades of residences on the south side of East 10th Street
To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 614-9107.