Manhattan Landmarks-Treadwell Farms
French Second Empire, three- and four-story brownstones stand along the tree-lined streets of this district. The homes, some designed by Richard Morris Hunt and James W. Pirrson, were built between 1868 and 1876 on the former farm of Adam Tredwell (without the a.) Protective covenants dating back to 1868 ensured quality of uniformity setting standards for height, width, construction and usage. Designated December 13, 1967.
Title: South Side of East 62nd Street
Historic District: Treadwell Farms
Keywords: row house, residential, shutter, cornice
Description: Row houses on the south side of East 62nd Street
Back to Manhattan Landmarks
To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail email@example.com or call (212) 614-9107.