Queens Landmarks-Ridgewood South

Ridgewood South

The Ridgewood South Historic District is composed of over 210 buildings, primarily three-story brick tenements, and the St. Matthias Roman Catholic Church Complex. The ‘ new law’  tenements have buff- and amber-colored brick facades, with carved-stone details, ornate pressed metal cornices, with original stoop and areaway ironwork. They were constructed between 1911 and 1912 by the G.X. Mathews Company and were designed by architect Louis Allmendinger. Designated October 26, 2010

1876 putnam

 

Title: 1876 putnam.JPG

Borough: Queens

Historic District: Ridgewood South

Keywords: buff brick, arches, continues, rowhouse

Description: 1876 putnam

Designation Report

 

Back To Queens-Landmarks

About Us

The Historic Districts Council (HDC) is the advocate for all of New York City's historic neighborhoods. HDC is the only organization in New York that works directly with people who care about our city's historic neighborhoods and buildings. We represent a constituency of over 500 local community organizations.

Contact Us

Historic Districts Council
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 614-9107
Fax: (212) 614-9127
E-mail: hdc@hdc.org

Donate Now

Become a Friend of HDC! Your donation helps preserve, improve, and celebrate the places that make New York great.

Join Our Mailing List

Receive updates on programs, events, action alerts, and our Landmarks Preservation Commission testimony.