Lakeman-Courtelyou-Taylor House, Staten Island
|Address:2286 Richmond Road
Built by: Abraham Lakeman
LPC Action: Calendared 1966
The Lakeman-Courtelyou-Taylor House is a stone Dutch Colonial style farmhouse built by Abraham Lakeman. In 1751 it was bought by Aaron Cortelyou, who’s son in law sold it to Joseph Taylor in 1794, who then sold to the Kirchoffer family in 1928. The house underwent extensive restorative work in 2001-02. Three 17th century fire places and beautiful wall panelings where uncovered during the restoration. It is possibly the last 17th-century building on Staten Island to remain un-landmarked.