St. Michael’s Episcopal Church Complex, Manhattan

St. Michael's Episcopal Church Complex

Address: 227 West 99th Street

Architect: Robert W. Gibson

Construction: 1891

LPC Action: Calendared 1980
The current church building designed by architect Robert W. Gibson and was dedicated on December 16, 1891. It is made of Indiana limestone in the Northern Italian Renaissance or Romanesque-Byzantine style. The church features decorations by Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company.

 The Parish House of the same style was designed by architects Charles Merry and Robert W. Gibson and completed in 1902. This building was designed for community service and originally contained facilities for a school, laundry and kitchen.

About Us

The Historic Districts Council (HDC) is the advocate for all of New York City's historic neighborhoods. HDC is the only organization in New York that works directly with people who care about our city's historic neighborhoods and buildings. We represent a constituency of over 500 local community organizations.

Contact Us

Historic Districts Council
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 614-9107
Fax: (212) 614-9127
E-mail: hdc@hdc.org

Donate Now

Become a Friend of HDC! Your donation helps preserve, improve, and celebrate the places that make New York great.

Join Our Mailing List

Receive updates on programs, events, action alerts, and our Landmarks Preservation Commission testimony.