Bronx Landmarks- Bertine Block
This district is named for developer Edward D. Bertine who built his home and nine other Queen Anne style row houses here between 1891 and 1895. Three other two-story brick row houses, built in 1877 and 1878, also stand on this block. Designated April 5, 1994.
Title: 420 East 136th Street, North Side of Street
Borough: The Bronx
Historic District: Bertine Block
Keywords: residential, row house, brick
Description: Front view of a 3-story row house
Return to Bronx Landmarks