Manhattan Landmarks-Central Park West- West 76th Street

Central Park West W. 76th

The first buildings here were two rows of houses built in 1887, and the district was largely completed 1898. The district is made up of a variety of buildings (town houses, apartment houses, a museum and a church) in a variety of late-19th century styles (Neo-Grec, Renaissance Revival, Romanesque Revival, Gothic Revival and especially French Beaux-Arts). Designated April 19, 1973.

Title: Row Houses on the South Side of West 76th Street 7

Borough: Manhattan

Historic District: Central Park West- West 76th Street

Keywords: row house, stone, ornament, door, window, residential, stoop, bay window (copper)

Description: Row houses on the south side of West 76th Street

Image #1769

Designation Report

Back to Manhattan Landmarks

 

 

To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail hdc@hdc.org or call (212) 614-9107.

About Us

The Historic Districts Council (HDC) is the advocate for all of New York City's historic neighborhoods. HDC is the only organization in New York that works directly with people who care about our city's historic neighborhoods and buildings. We represent a constituency of over 500 local community organizations.

Contact Us

Historic Districts Council
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 614-9107
Fax: (212) 614-9127
E-mail: hdc@hdc.org

Donate Now

Become a Friend of HDC! Your donation helps preserve, improve, and celebrate the places that make New York great.

Join Our Mailing List

Receive updates on programs, events, action alerts, and our Landmarks Preservation Commission testimony.