Alexander Avenue, once known as “The Irish 5th Avenue” and “Politicians’ Row,” features numerous handsome residences and public buildings from the turn of the century. One of the earliest, if not the earliest, series of row houses in the Bronx can be found here, built between 1863 and 1865. Designated July 29, 1969.
Title: 276-284 Alexander Avenue
Borough: The Bronx
Historic District: Mott Haven
Keywords: residential, row house, stoop, fence (iron), cornice
Description: Streetscape of 3-story row houses
To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail [email protected] or call (212) 614-9107.