The first buildings in Greenpoint historic district were erected in the early 1850’s. Elegant row houses were built for business owners, while more modest row houses and apartments were home to the workers of nearby factories. The latter were vernacular versions of popular styles, including Italianate, French Second Empire, Neo-Grec and Queen Anne, by local builders, not architects, using handbooks and standardized, ready-made architectural elements. Designated September 14, 1982.
Title: St. Anthony Church
Historic District: Greenpoint
Donate To Preservation Greenpoint to help them continue their efforts to protect and preserve Greenpoint