Manhattan Landmarks-Fraunces Tavern

Fraunces Tavern

The oldest building on the block, made of landfill in 1689, is Fraunces Tavern built in 1719. The block’s fifteen other structures were built in the 19th century, eleven of them from 1827 to 1833 just after the opening of the Erie Canal, as commercial structures in the Late Federal and Greek Revival styles. Designated November 14, 1978.

Title: West Side of Fraunces Tavern 2

Borough: Manhattan

Historic District: Fraunces Tavern

Keywords: Fraunces Tavern, brick

Description: West façade view of Fraunces Tavern on Pearl Street

Image #2427

Designation Report

 Back to Manhattan Landmarks

 

 

To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail hdc@hdc.org or call (212) 614-9107.