Governors Island is located one-half mile south of Manhattan Island in New York Harbor. The Governors Island historic district was home to the United States Army from 1821 until 1966 and from 1966 to 1997 the United States Coast Guard has headquartered on the island. It currently has three surviving fortifications. The island is a conglomerate of beautiful open space with waterfront views of New York City, military outpost, and military personal housing. Designated June 18, 1996
Title: Manhattan-Governors Island-IMG_0569.JPG
Historic District: Governors Island
Keywords: City Hall, Municipal Building, City Hall Park
Description: View of City Hall Park with City Hall and the Municipal Building
To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail [email protected] or call (212) 614-9107.