Manhattan Landmarks-Hardenberg/Rhinelander

Hardenberg/Rhinelander

This district contains six row houses and one French flats building, designed in Northern Renaissance Revival by Henry J. Hardenbergh for the Estate of William C. Rhinelander and built 1888-1889. The Rhinelander family is prominent in the real estate and development history of Manhattan. Designated May 5, 1998.

Title: Southwestern View of Hardenberg/Rhinelander Historic District 2

Borough: Manhattan

Historic District: Hardenberg/Rhinelander

Keywords: residential, row house, ornament, cornice

Description: View facing southwest of the Hardenbergh/Rhinelander Historic District

Image #1060

Designation Report

Back to Manhattan Landmarks

 

To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail hdc@hdc.org or call (212) 614-9107.