Manhattan Avenue Historic District
The Manhattan Avenue historic district is located west of Central Park, between West 104th and 106th Streets. opened in 1868 then known as ‘New’ Avenue, it received its current name in 1884. There are forty buildings in the district, including 37 three-story row houses, one six-story apartment building and two early twentieth century buildings built by General Memorial Hospital for the Treatment of Cancer and Allied Diseases, originally known as the New-York Cancer Hospital, which is a designated New York City Landmark. The brick and stone-faced houses were designed in the Queen Anne and Romanesque Revival styles, and include stoops with iron railings, terra-cotta reliefs, projecting metal bay windows, and unusual cornices, frequently crowned by sunburst pediments. Designated: May 15, 2007
Title:Manhattan- Manhattan Avenue-corner of Manhattan and 105th-crop.jpg
Historic District: Manhattan Avenue
Keywords: stoop, row house, residential
Description: Corner of Manhattan and 105th Street
To make an appointment to view all images from this historic district, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 614-9107.