Publications and Resources:
HDC’s publications help to educate and inform New York’s elected officials, local residents and neighborhood activists about preservation news, tactics and the long-term community benefits of historic preservation.
- Financial Incentives Brochure (pdf) -Information regarding the financial benefits of owning a landmark building.
- FAQ (pdf) -Frequently asked questions about preservation, and landmarking.
- Expanding Historic District Boundaries Report -HDC completed a survey in 2003 about the areas surrounding historic districts to determine if they had the same historic architecture.
- Carnegie Libraries Booklet (pdf)-Information about the libraries complete with money from Andrew Carnegie.
- Creating An Historic District: A Guide For Neighborhoods (Published By HDC) A guide book that lays out the steps you must complete in order to get a neighborhood designated status.
- Community As Classroom (Published By HDC)- A guide book for teachers that provides options for teach preservation in schools
- Six To Celebrate Brochures - A collection of guide books that provide a short history of each of the six Six To Celebrate neighborhoods. (2011) (2012)
- Thomas E. Rinaldi’s ‘New York Neon’- A visual history of New York’s surviving early-and mid-twentieth century neon signs, that are quickly disappearing.
- View our Sustainability Resources page