Top Ten Reasons Mayor Bloomberg Should Grant Holiday Wish for Marx Brothers Place!
9. Free supply of Groucho glasses for life !
8. It would guarantee the Mayor a cameo in the new PBS documentary on the Marx Brothers.
7. Chico would finally call-off da boyz from da hood !
6. Folks might start believing the Mayor actually has both a heart & a sense of humor.
5. After the meltdown on Wall Street, all we’ve got left is the entertainment industry.
4. If they were good enough for Salvador Dali, T.S. Eliot & Harry Truman, who’s this Bloomberg guy to stand in the way of the Marx Brothers ?
3. A cottage industry of Marx Brothers memorabilia could single-handedly underwrite the completion of the Second Avenue subway.
2. It will give people something to smile about this holiday season !
And the Number One Reason the Mayor Should Grant this Holiday Wish for Marx Brothers Place:
1. Because We The People said so! (Thanks Dave)
Please help us inspire NYC Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg to use his considerable influence over the NY City Council – to honor the legacy of the world’s greatest comic geniuses and NYC’s cultural heritage by co-naming the Marx Brothers’ childhood block – Marx Brothers Place !
YOU can help make this happen by clicking on this link and cutting & pasting & sending the message to: [email protected] (with a copy to: [email protected] and [email protected]) TODAY! Please make sure the Subject Line of your email reads: Marx Brothers Place!
Or just call the Mayor @ 212.788.2958 or 212.788.3245 and ask him to get everybody on board to grant this holiday wish for Marx Brothers Place !
And while we’re at it, please don’t forget to click on this link so that YOU can sign the petition to co-name the block Marx Brothers Place !
Many thanks for your continued interest in historic Marx Brothers Place !
For more information about the 93rd Street Beautification Association or Marx Brothers Place, please contact us at [email protected] or 212.969.8138.