The Brooklyn Navy Yard was established in 1801. From the early 1810s through the 1960s, it was an active shipyard for the United States Navy. There are four Individual Landmarks in the Navy Yard.
Commandant’s House – Designated 1965
U.S. Naval Hospital – Designated 1965
Dry Dock #1 – Designated 1975
Surgeon’s House – Designated 1976
West Brooklyn adjacent to Wallabout Bay